Monday, June 3, 2013

Fiber Art Faire at Shake Rag Alley


On June 1 and 2 at Shake Rag Alley, fiber producers and fiber sellers and fiber artists gathered to offer their wares and demonstrate their crafts and arts.  I was in the blacksmith shop, a building that my sons actually helped restore as a part of a log cabin workshop a few years back.  While I demonstrated wet felting and made scarves and covered vases, Alice demonstrated needle felting.  We also offered event attendees an opportunity to try their own hand at wet felting by making a felted flower to put on a pin or make into a hair barette.  I love it most when kids take my little workshops and see how good they are at making something oh so lovely! 
It was a fabulous weekend, because I got to work nearly outdoor on fiber projects while showing the art to other, but mostly because both of my sons were there with their wonderful girlfriends and kept me company and helped me set up and pack it all back to the gallery at the end of the weekend.  Can't wait until next year!



No comments: